"Potentially Inappropriate Medications (PIMs) in the Elderly"
Dr. Eimad Elghol, MBBCh, CCFP, Diploma of Dermatology
Resident, Diploma Program in Care of the Elderly, Division of Care of the Elderly, Department of Family Medicine, University of Alberta
- Understand impact of use of PIMs on elderly and the health system.
- Understand age related body physiological changes and its effect on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Screening Tools for PIM (BEERS CRITERIA).
- Prevalence of PIM in our community.
"Evidence Based Diagnosis of Venous Thromboembolism"
Sarah Takach Lapner MD, MSc, FRCPC, Dive Haematology - RAH
LOCATION: RAH - Robbins Learning Centre Theatre
Joint Baycrest Geriatric Medicine Rounds and Visiting Professor Lecture Series
"New Treatment Approaches to Depression and Dementia: Perspectives from the Netherlands"
Martin Smalbrugge, MD, PhD
Department of General Practice & Elderly Care Medicine
EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research
Please give your Telehealth Coordinator TSM number 36863123
1. To sign up for video conference connection, visit AHS VCScheduler, http://vcscheduler.ca/ahs. (search for “Baycrest Geriatric Medicine Rounds”; select the event date to sign up). Do not use the TSM number provided in the message.
2. Access via an audio line 1-866-236-8306 (participation code 4933408) while accessing the live webcast on http://webcast.otn.ca under “Public” access. Make sure to mute your audio (*6) during the presentation and un-mute it (*6) for when it is opened for Q/A.